Monday, February 13, 2012

This Week at Mt. Olive


Good evening, fellow redeemed!

In You, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame!
In Your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline Your ear to me, and save me!
Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; You have given the command to save me, for Your are my rock and my fortress.
Rescue me, O God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man.
For You, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
Upon You I have leaned from before my birth; You are He who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of You.
(Psalm 71:1-6)

Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, help us ever to seek You and to seek others for You, that Your harvest may be full and we may join those from every tribe and nation at the heavenly feast, where You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. AMEN

This Week at Mt. Olive
This week includes a couple of events, some important happenings in the week come, and a cancellation.

First, the events of this week:
Monday, 13 FEB, 7 p.m. - Church Council meeting

Saturday, 18 FEB, 9:30 a.m. - YOUTH PLANTING
Sr. and Jr. Youth, it's your hour to shine once again! After such great work on the flower beds at the church, weeding and mulching, it is time for planting. Planting begins Saturday at 9:30 a.m. Bring work gloves, tools, and something on which to kneel. Also recommended are sunscreen and a good hat.

Now the Cancellation:
LWML for this week has been postponed until next Tuesday, February 21. On that evening, a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper will be provided.

Now the Happenings:
Sunday, February 26, 3-5 p.m. - LORDZ KIDZ Get Together!
For upcoming young people in the Church, ages Kindergarten through 5th grade. Crafts, songs, some food, and some games will be the order of the day. I'm really jazzed about this new opportunity for young people at Mt. Olive! If you have questions, please contact Lori Stacy or the Church Office.

Wednesday, February 22 - Ash Wednesday (I know, out of order)
Divine Service at 12:15 p.m. and at 7:15 p.m. A light meal is being provided by the LWML before the evening service. This also begins the Lenten midweek services and meals at the same times each Wednesday in Lent.

Prayer Concerns:
Rita Murphy, Frank Jennings (my dad)
Bob Whitworth, Doris and Burt Nelson, Charlotte Birnbaum
Those who serve in our armed forces and their families: Rob Vadney, John Sorensen
Our Homebound: Ruby Rieder, Ann Cleveland, Walter and Pearly Theiss (Houston)
The Church, as her celebration of the Epiphany of our Lord draws to a close

This Week at Mt. Olive:
Monday, February 13
6:30 p.m.
Zumba Aerobics

7 p.m.
Church Council

Wednesday, February 15
8:30 a.m.
School Chapel

9:30 a.m.
Bible Study (Revelation 17)

6:30 p.m.
Zumba Aerobics

7 p.m.
Lutheran Book Club (Tobit)

Saturday, February 18
9:30 a.m.
Youth Flowerbed Planting

God bless!
PKJ

No comments:

Post a Comment